Day 6-10


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
March 24th 2007
Published: March 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

3-20-07
I awoke to my Chezc roommates talking this morning. Tey were very nice and one gave me a swiss chocolate egg that tasted sooooooo good! We left the hostel and headed for the Astor Kinsington, the new hostel we booked. We found. We found out when we arrived that we couldnt check in until later because of remodeling, so we left our things and explored for a while. After we got to check in we went to Kamdon St so Sadie could get her ear pierced--apparrantly my ear piercing inspired her... It looks really good on her, though. We did some shopping then got dinner at a Thai place close to the hostel.
3-21-07
We got up early this morning to head to Buckingham Palace to see the changing of the guards. It was quite a hike, but we didnt want to spend all our money on metro passes--and we got to see Herrods, the famous dept store. The changing was so elaborate; there were bands, soldiers mounted and on foot, all escorted--it was awesome! I didnt get to see the actual changing because the spot we had where we could see was in the shade--it was 25 degrees in the sun and the wind was blowing so I opted to try and get a little warmer. Afterwards we walked though a beautiful park and grabbed lunch before walking to Big Ben, Parliment, and Westminster Abbey. I dont think I've ever seen anything so spectacular and intricately designed! On the way home we went in several stores including Herrods. We had dinner at an oriental place called Wagamamma, so good! After dinner we went and saw Songs and Lyrics then headed back to the hostel.
3-22-07
We ran down to the internet cafe for a bit, then went to the Natural History Museum. After a while we got hungry so we left to grab lunch. I went back to see the rest of the exhibits while Sadie and Gina went back for a nap. My favorite exhibit was the room of the night sky--it had all the constellations and an escalator that goes up into a huge model planet. We met up with Katie from the Globetrotter for dinner and hung out for a while before heading to the hostel.
3-23-07
This morning we got up early and took the tube to the London Tower. It opened an hour later than we expected so we took pictures with the Tower Bridge and looked through the giftshop. We walked though the Bloody tower and got to see the ravens. On the way to see the crown jewels we were watching the one of the guards because Gina wanted to take a picture with him but was too embarrassed. The guard went to do his routine pacing, and we were standing just at the end of one of his turns. I didnt realize that the other two had moved on because I was watching him march--it's so funny to see that it makes me smile--when he got just in front of me he winked really big just before he turned back--I hadent realized I was all alone until it happened and no one else saw. The crown jewels are amazing, we did laps and laps drooling...After that we went into the white tower which is the oldest part and the armory.
We did a little shopping along Portabello Road and Pickidilly Square in the afternoon then at 5 I headed off to see Mary Poppins and grab dinner. While trying to find the Prince Edward Theater where it was showing I got lost and ended up in China Town which was perfect since I was craving chinese food. After I ate I found out that I was only a block away from the theater, which was perfect--I made it right on time. I had a great view and the show was great! My two favorite songs were Supercalifragilistic....you know how it goes, and Step In Time. I'm so glad I went!! Afterwards I met Sadie and Gina back at the hostel and hung out with the two other people in our room--one from Argentina and one from Spain--until it was time to head to the airport
2-24-07
Back in Roma--If there are a ton of errors in these Im sorry but I've been awake for over 30 hours...I need sleep!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb