London, Day 2


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Westminster
August 6th 2009
Published: August 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Wow! Kim woke me up at 1:00 p.m. I think she was lonely.

Like a herd of turtles, we managed to get out the door and start our day at 5:00 P.M. But no worries. We had lots of adventures in a short period of time.

Went to her neighborhood theatre ticket broker (lots of neighborly places of business in her neighborhood). We decided to go see "Woman in Black" tonight and "Mousetrap" tomorrow night. "Mousetrap" is the longest running play in the world ... 56 years. It's based on a book by Agatha Christie.

Since the theatre was around Covent Gardens, we went back to look for an astrology shop. It started to rain. Kim had an umbrella as she went back to the flat to get it, although she assured me that it only drizzles in London! Not like the monsoons in Tucson. The astrology shop was closed. I guess people want to go home after 7:00 p.m. The downpour started. The umbrella was practically useless. We're both drenched, and my new, unprotected, suede NDN Nike’s are wet. As we're catching our breath under a store awning, Kim notices we're in front of a Birkenstock ... they might have suede protector spray. They are still open, so we go in. And yes, they have suede protector!!! Back out under the awning, rain pouring down, I hold my foot up so Kim can spray my shoes.

We stall for as long as we can, but we gotta get to the theatre. By the time we get there, we're drenched. The umbrella is a one-person cover, at best. The play was great; we enjoyed it. The rain had tapered off a bit. Good thing. Kim left her umbrella in the theatre, and when she went back to get it, of course it was gone...as you can guess, umbrellas are hot commodies in London. So we walked back to her flat in the rain, no rain shield. Since immediately upon arriving here my throat became scratchy, this walk in the rain will either cure me or make me "take to the bed."

Tomorrow we hope to get out a bit earlier. We'll see.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.204s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb