London Calling


Advertisement
Published: July 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Scott, Chris and I left Ibis getting the Hoppa back to Heathrow where we got the Underground to our stop in Central London, South Kensington. We had arranged to meet Gillian there so went and checked out our hostel, it's...fine....Mum you wouldn't be impressed! However, it does have all the basics i.e. 4 beds, a lock on the door and a random sink in the corner. Chris went and met Gillian and brought her back to the hostel. We decided we would eat lunch at Hyde Park (a 10 minute walk away) so went to Tescos and set off in search of Hyde Park. One hour later we finally got there, turns out we took the wrong turn as soon as we left our hostel which resulted in lots of wrong turns.

Hyde Park was really nice, the weather is amazing and we all chilled on the grass for a while before deciding to explore more of London. We went into Harrods and looked at all the expensive items that none of us could buy i.e. handbags at almost £3000.00!!! We also went to the food area which is amazzzing! After Harrods we went to the Natural History Museum, a definite recommendation. It's free and has lots to offer, the dinosaur area was the most fascinating. We had booked dinner for 7.30 so in between we went for a drink at a cafe where we got to sit outside in the sunshine. Dinner was lovely, we ate at Bella Italia before heading on to a luxury ice cream shop - gil and scott had choc chip and chris had white choc.

Having liked Hyde Park so much earlier we decided to head back and hire bikes out to cycle around it. This was so much fun as Hyde Park was a lot less busy and we got to explore the whole area - the bikes are a great idea, you pay £1 for a 24 hour access code to them and use of the bikes is free for the first 30 minutes so if you put them back within that time period you only have to pay £1 for that 24 hour access code and can use them as many times as you wish.

A busy and great day...looking forward to tomorrow. Love you all xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb