Imperial War Museum, London Dungeon and lots of walking!


Advertisement
Published: July 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We started the day with brunch near the hostel before heading to the Imperial War Museum. Chris had been looking forward to this so it was great to finally be there. The museum offers a trench and blitz experience, both of which are really amazing and were definitely the highlight for me as it made me feel what it was like to have lived during the war. After the museum we went to London Dungeon, we all loved this even though Gillian and I spent most of the time trying to hide from the actors. There are some great rides throughout the Dungeon which really added to the experience.

Following the dungeons we walked down along the riverside and ate dinner in Cafe Rouge before walking further towards the Tower Bridge. London has such a lovely atmosphere at night with lots of people sitting out enjoying the weather and eating picnics. We crossed the Tower Bridge and walked around the Tower of London before getting the tube back to our hostel. Thorpe Park tomorrow so we are going to get up pretty early and hopefully the queues won't be too long!

Great to get texts from some of you - we are loving it here and wish you could all share it with us.

xx Cat & Chris


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0749s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb