We're off!!!


Advertisement
Published: July 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

It's hard to believe that the time has actually come for us to leave. We have had to say a lot of emotional goodbyes and we want to thank everyone for their support in helping us set off on this adventure. We departed from Belfast City Airport at 17.55 and flew with British Airways, complimentary drink and snacks were a bonus! We have decided to watch House as it is one of the few series that neither of us have really seen before and we watched an episode on the plane. Before we knew it we were flying over London. Chris was really excited to be able to spot some well known places such as the Oval cricket ground and Wembley stadium. Also, I should mention that Ian Humphreys was on our flight, Chris told me to go and get an autograph, I told him if it had been his brother David I would have been there in a flash!!!

We landed in Terminal 1 and made our way to the train that took us to Terminal 5 where we were to meet Scott (my brother). We watched as he came out of the arrivals area and hid on him but I couldn't stop laughing as he walked past us so he quickly caught on that it was us. A short ride on the Hoppa and we were at the Ibis - our hotel for the night. Scott and Chris played some pool and we got a late dinner before deciding to get some sleep.

And so begins the adventure...heading into London until Friday the plan is to visit London Dungeon, Thorpe Park, Natural History Museum, Buckingham Palace and whatever other sights we can really. Will keep you all updated.

Love you all so much and thank you everyone for the past couple of weeks, goodbyes have been hard but we will stay in touch and keep you updated through this blog on our adventures!

Advertisement



23rd July 2012

Love you guys! X

Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb