Lunch at Cote- A Review


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Soho
October 30th 2008
Published: October 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

On the Way to the John Soane MuseumOn the Way to the John Soane MuseumOn the Way to the John Soane Museum

I love a great cake shop photo. Here is another one for you - Patisserie Valerie in Soho.
After our visit to Sir John Soane Museum, we had lunch at Cote Restaurant in the middle of Soho. The restaurants clean lines and its highly professional and friendly staff was a great introduction to the restaurant'. Its food which could be best described as French bistro was fresh, tasty and provided good value for money by London standards.

Their menu includes classic dishes such as steak frites, salad niçoise, free-range chicken from the Les Landes area of France alongside lighter dishes such as roast sea bass with olive oil mash with a garlic and tomato dressing or salmon hollandaise.

We started with a selection of olives and bread to get the taste buds going and after what seemed a very short wait our orders were taken. Paul ordered the pissaladiére which we shared. Pissaladiére is a traditional pizza-like bread topped with caramelised onions and cheese.

For a main meal, myself and Denise's hubby Dave ordered the linguine with seafood (OK, not too French but very delicious), Paul asked for the Les Landes chicken which was served with a small pot of frites and a wild mushroom sauce. Denise had the steak and Mouse the also ordered the Les Landes chook.

The restaurant was busy today however the service remained friendly, speedy and efficient throughout our time in the restaurant. From all accounts everyone enjoyed the substantially sized portions

My one complaint? One of of the clams on my plate arrived without its owner - it was shell only. However amongst a grand plate of mussels, prawns, calamari and complete clams I can accept that one of them could have escaped prior to arrival on the plate. Perhaps it was too delicious to be eaten!

The pasta was beautifully cooked, its sauce was tasty yet not overpowering and the mussels were as plump as you could ever ask for.

We finished with tea and coffee and the bill totalled 148 pounds (including drinks). Cote Soho is a great place to visit if you love French Bristo food. Expect great service, substantial servings and food that is filling and fresh.

The restaurant is in Wardour Street Soho.






Advertisement



Tot: 0.42s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 72; dbt: 0.1605s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb