Going to Australia...Nah Nah Nah


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Heathrow Airport
December 4th 2005
Published: December 11th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Marge In The Bath!Marge In The Bath!Marge In The Bath!

Childish I know.
Woke up at 9am after a night out in Halfway to Heaven with Peter, Chris, Richie, Brian, Ines, David, Ayla, Ray, Evan and Michael. Started to pack case. Peter made breakfast while I rang Singapore Airlines to see what could be done about buggering up the check-in on the internet. Richie's got two seats and I have nothing!! Can't do anything so will need to get to airport early to sort it out. Finished packing and Peter drove us to North Greenwich. We caught the tube to Green Park and then the Piccadilly Line to Hounslow West. Since we are staying in the Sheraton hotel I thought, rather stupidly, to get the 81 bus from Hounslow West. WRONG. The bus runs every half an hour and we just missed the 2.30 one. We walked to the next bus stop in the hopes of getting a taxi. No taxis. The 3pm bus was running 10 minutes late. Ride was good but it got a bit crowded with the suitcases and two prams. (Who’d want children!!?) The bus ran parallel with the runway so we could see the planes taking off. Got off the bus and walked to the hotel. Check in was very smooth and we retired to the room. Watched a bit of television.Had a soak in the bath and dressed for dinner. We decided to have dinner in the hotel as it was the easiest option. It was very nice. I had Caesar salad for starters and the Lamb Shank with Lentils and Cabbage, Carrots and Mange Touts. My desert consisted of Chocolate Tart and Ice Cream. Bloat, fat, urgh! So full after had to go for a walk to settle stomach. We walked to the Concorde Monument and back. Watch a few planes take off. Before retiring went to the hotel bar and had a couple of ports. Watched television and I wrote a letter to mum on hotel stationary. Bed at 11pm.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb