london - cont...


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Acton
May 19th 2008
Published: June 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


After that weekend i had resighned myself to the reality that this was not only going to be a very tiering trip but an expensive one! the house that we were stying in was a steal at £5 a night to help lach and his housemates out with the bills. but the cost of living and public transport is quite high when living that close to the city...

Anyway enough of that... we had a pretty quiet monday to recover from the weekend so not much to tell there, we went out of a quiet dinner to say goodbye to haydee... tuesday the four of us caught a double decker into london to the brittish museum, this museum puts any other i've ever seen to shame. the bus took us a about an hour to get in, but we chose that route to see some sights along the way. We spent about 4 hours at the museum and i don't even think we saw half of it! we decited to stay in the egyptain and greek areas, they seemd to be of the most interest to the group. some of the sarcofageses were amazing, the detail and when you think about how old they are the condition of them is staggering! We stumbled across the crystal skull which we thought was quite interesting seen as the new indiana jones was comming out the following thursday. we wandered the halls untill we couldn't take in any more n jumped on the tube to get home.

wednesday alex got damo and i out of bed early to get into town to see the changing of the guards. we thought we would be late so we headed up to the horse guards end of the mall to see the retuning horse guards. we then realised we had enough time to get down to the palace end to see the ceremony. once we found a spot we saw the the flag was fling high above the palace which meant the queen was home. we didn't realise it at the time but that meant that we were in for the long version. after the chaning of the guards we wandered the streets of london of a bit n ended up stumbling into an irish pub of a meal... by this point we had walked what felt like the whole of london so we headed to the nearest train station back to east acton, only to realise while we were on the train that we had no way of gettin into the house so dropped into lachs work to get the key. after sitting on our butts for a bit back at the house we walked the 15 mins back to lachs work, then to his local pub to watch the champions leauge final chealsee vs manchester united... not that you care but it was a really close match after two extra 15min halves it wend down to a penalty shoot out... man u won...

Thursday we had a quiet one, n headed into sheapards bush ( the closest big town) to see the new indiana jones. we were not impressed with the alien aspect...

friday alex and i left damo at home as he was sick of museums, n went to the natural history museum in london. it was full of dinosaus and interactive stuff... was a bit of fun for an hour or so. we decided it was time to do a little shopping so headed to oxford street... think bourke street x10 alex found him self the same pair of shoes he was going to buy back home for $200 for £50... roughly half price n i got a hoodie for the weekend coming up for £6 bargin!we had a very quite night as we all had to be up early for the weekend!



Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



15th June 2008

woot
Sounds like your having fun! And they where interdimentional beings dear. ;) But yes thte movie was craptacular.

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb