New Year's in England


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Essex
December 31st 2010
Published: December 31st 2010
Edit Blog Post

016016016

Stonehedge
Arrived in England yesterday morning, greeted by dear friend Helena at Heathrow airport. First stop Stonehedge, came to England, in 1993...Wow, 17 years ago, as a first stop beginning of 6 week backpack tour of Europe, my friend at the time did not want to see Stonehedge. Made it now and it is a wonder to see We decided to peek though the fence as you can not get near to touch the stones we could feel the very grounding energy from where we were. Helena and I saw very cute faces in 2 of the stones, it looked to her like some of the stones were burdened by the obligation of carrying stones. We then tried some wine in the gift shop and looked at books of ley lines and theories of how the stones got there.
Onward to Salisbury for lunch. We saw a beautiful cathedral, with many tombs of warriors from many centuries ago. Prayerfully we sat and shared.
By the time we made it to where we stayed the night I was punch drunk and was slurring my speech as I did not sleep more than 2 hours on my over night flight.
Today we are going to Avebury, which is a town on a ley line, also a sacred site, then off to Manchester for a Pub do for New Year's.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

023023
023

Like Harry Potter
025025
025

Helena:)
031031
031

Gorgeous trees
032032
032

Archangel Michael


31st December 2010

wonderful start
What an amazing start you've had to your adventure! I'm feeling a little envy, but more gratitude for what you're sharing. Looking forward to all that's to come. Happy New Year, love you!
28th February 2011

Happy March...wow
Already! in a few days! Hope you and yours are great, send love from my traveling heart:)

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb