V Fest 07


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Essex » Chelmsford
August 20th 2007
Published: August 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

I have never been to the V festival before, and as it occurs down the road in Chelmsford I decided last year that I should finally go. Surprisingly I was organised enough to book my ticket early!

Wayne Jan and I all took the free bus from town to Hylands Park (yes Wayne was on a bus! With the great unwashed!). We arrived unscathed and joined the mass trek across the fields to the festival site.

We got in fine, and joined the crowds for various performances. My favourite over all was P!nk, she was really really good, had a great voice and worked the crowd well - and a bonus, we could see her!!

We also saw: Paolo Nutini (who made me fall asleep!), The Fray in passing, Beverley Knight (the last bit, v good tho!) Shinad O’Conor (Nothing Compared to you - what where you wearing!) Pink, Snowpatrol (not as good as Latitude last year) the Foo Fighters (briefly) and the Kooks (crappy sound).


The worst point for me was the toilet ‘queue’ or lack there of. It was cramped, noisy, people were rude and it took ages as people kept pushing in. I survived to pee and left the area not to return til the next day (and then to different better laid out loos!).

We were not impressed by the Foo Fighters so headed to see the Kooks, but where we were the sound was so bad we decided to call it a day, and got the bus before the rush started.

Wayne decided that one day was enough for him (I agreed really, but went for the full 2 day experience). So on Sunday our first job was selling his ticket, a scout bought it for minute money, but still better than nothing.

Wayne picked Emily up and drove us to Jan’s and we headed back via bus to the site.

We arrived to what seemed to me like a bigger crowd. We watched James Morrison (chilling out), KT Tunstall, The Fratellis (wot a squash), Mika (whilst eating some food), Lily Alan (she was very funny), The Killers.

My least favourite moment today was watching the Fratellis. Whilst the band was great the crowd was not. We were squashed in near the middle of the crowd, it was packed and people kept squeezing in so eventually there was no where to move! If that wasn’t bad enough a group of drunken yobs decided to try crowd surfing and being loud and pushing lots of people about and one lady over. It was not good! They had lots of space as everyone tried to move out of their way - shame really because they ruined what would have been a good act.

The rest of the day was good. It was more muddy, and at the end of the day it began to rain, brrrr! We stayed til just before the end of The Killers and managed to get on the bus before the crowds formed. Wayne met us at Jan’s and drove Emily and me home. How nice to get into a warm, dry, clean car!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.306s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 22; qc: 90; dbt: 0.1007s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb