It's almost Uncle Bulgaria time...


Advertisement
Published: July 24th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Great Uncle BulgariaGreat Uncle BulgariaGreat Uncle Bulgaria

Coming on holiday with us - he's got his sun hat ready!
It's that time of year - the schools are breaking up and we are getting ready for our summer holiday. Looking forward to a bit of heat as we head into Bulgaria, Greece and perhaps Turkey (getting car insurance for Turkey is a real challenge). We fly into Sofia on the 25thJuly accompanied by Great Uncle Bulgaria... with the aim of having him appear at least once in very Blog.

Not planning on stopping long in Sofia as it's your typical communist block capital with a small bit of old culture thrown in. Hired an "intermediate" sized car - that should be fun with the boys in it. - we'll see how that goes. Should at least be fuel efficient!

After Sofia we are driving to Bansko where our friends the Nannerys (hello Paul, Mary, Caoilin and Deryn) have a ski apartment. Ok I know theres no snow but that doesn't stop it being a great place to visit even in the summer and after we've had a few days there we are crossing the border into Greece. While in Bansko we want to get up into the mountains to savour the clean air and possibly visit the Dancing Bears sanctuary.

Then it's onto Drama in Greece and hopefully a visit to Philipi we may visit the caves near here as well. As Matthew is looking at reading History or Ancient History a few archaeological sites will be in order. But we will also be spending time on Thasos and by the sea between Kavala and Alexandroupolis. It's not all booked so it will be a bit of an adventure as we move around and we may even nip over the border into Turkey if we can perhaps get a Taxi at the border.

Early start tomorrow though as the taxi is coming at 6 am....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb