Switzerland


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
August 8th 2007
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So we did a real whirlwind trip of Switerland. We arrived in Interlaken in the evening and I immediately decided I loved Switzerland. There are cute little Swiss chalets everywhere, just like I'd imagined. And it's such an outdoorsy, active place. There are so many things to do during the day...sky diving, canyoning, rafting, mountain biking...which is why so many people go there. Unfortunately we had very little money to enjoy these activities, so we spent our day doing the only free thing offered... hiking through the Alps. Amazing. The hike was entirely up hill for nearly 5 hours, and was by far the most difficult hike I've ever done. Thinking back I find it hard to believe we actually made it to the top. 2048 metres up!! And it was sooo worth it for the amazing views.

The next day I spent the afternoon in Zurich pretty much just roaming the city. It was a cute town, very clean and friendly. Unfortunately we had to leave that evening for Germany but Switzerland is definitely a place I plan on coming back to on another trip. Next time maybe with a bit more money though...it's definitely not a cheap place. Next up Germany!



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Hiking the AlpsHiking the Alps
Hiking the Alps

at the top


9th August 2007

Beautiful Reminds Me Of The Sound Of Music
The pictures are beautiful and I can only imagine how beautiful it must have been. It will be hard to compare to your hikes back home.......but your moving out west and it is beautiful there too. I miss you and am looking forward to you coming home. Not much longer now. Lub you a bunch ......Mom

Tot: 0.417s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 59; dbt: 0.1327s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb