Fondue and Yodeling Marmuts


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
June 26th 2005
Published: June 26th 2005
Edit Blog Post

We are still in Zermatt, today was our one full day in the town. I really love it hear, its much more relaxing after running around Paris. It was so cold last night, and it smelled just like Lake Tahoe around Christmas time (weird analogy, but I'm sure you know what I mean). Today we took the furnicular up to the restauraunt near the Matterhorn. We walked for a while on a path, which eventually would have taken us back to town, then climbed back up for lunch. Its amazing how much more difficult the altitude makes everything here, especially after living so long at sea level. We had a light lunch at the restaurant, it was a beautiful view, and our salads were delicious.
We came back down (by vernicular, not foot) and wandered around the cute little shops. I got a nice watch, as well as some Swiss chocolate, of course. We took some wine back up to our balcony and enjoyed some peace and quiet, then walked back into town for dinner. We ended up at an awesme fondue restaurant (Swiss Chalet), and had cheese fondue, and then chocolate fondue for dessert. It was very tasty, and the waiters were very friendly. So, in case you're keeping track, there was no Italian food today, horray!
Its interesting what you miss and don't miss from home. I do miss the ubiquity of ice cubes and no smoking signs. I love seeing people from all different countries (who actually live in those countries and not California). I also wish we had the public transportation system that they have here, its so awesome to be able to hop on a train to anywhere!
Tomorrow we're back on the train again, heading to Florence. We have an apartment there for a week, and from what I've heard, I'm really looking forward to staying there. The hotel hear has been amazing. The room is huge, even bigger than most our hotels at home (and its a best western). They have a great sauna and pool area, i would love to come here in the winter to snowboard!
I guess that's all for now, although I am finally getting used to the German keyboard. The y and z keys are switched, zou never reallz realiye how much zou use y! I'll update again soon, stay tuned.....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.231s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb