An Italian Adventure


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
June 28th 2005
Published: June 28th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Bon journo from Florence, Italy! We arrived by train yesterday, it was a very long day, as our train ended up stuck right in front of the Florence Station for nearly an hour. We actually ended up turning back to the other Florence station, catching another train, then coming back to Santa Maria Novella. After that, we got to drag our luggage through the streets of Florence, getting very lost in the process. Phyliss nearly got pickpocketed, but she scared the guy away before he managed to get anything, and actually got him to stop while she checked her backpack. We finally ended up finding our apartment, which is a third floor walkup. This doesn't sound so bad until you have a grillion pounds of luggage to drag up it. Once we got up there, we were informed that the apartment didn't have air conditioning (and it is REALLY hot here!) So, we were all a little cranky for a while. We walked down to the store near our apartment, and got some groceries, then went out for a walk. Florence is really beautiful, everyone is very friendly. We got gelato, which may be the first food that has managed to live up to its reputation, and strolled around near the duomo. I'm not that into architecture, but it was breathtaking!
Today we got up and went to the train station to book the rest of our reservations for the trip. We met a guy from Elk Grove in line with us at the station, how weird! Then we went over to Academia, and managed to get right in to see David without standing in the long line, apparently standing in line only saves you 3 euro, not really worth it. We had a really good lunch of pizza and salad, then walked back to our apartment for a drink break. Afterwards, we walked around some of the shops (including Prada :-)). Afterwards. we stopped for a gelato break, and now we're going to chill out in the apartment for a while.
Tomorrow we're taking the train to the Cinque Terre to spend some time by the water, we're going to stay the night there, then take the train to Sienna on the way back on Thursday. It should be a nice break!
We decided

Advertisement



28th June 2005

You go, girl!
Jennifer, you're doing a great job with those weird keyboards. I'm enjoying following your adventures. Who all is with you?
28th June 2005

Ans??
We decided,What? This if a cliff hanger, love you and hope it is a fun adventure...
1st July 2005

Love the adventure
Sounds like you all are having a ball, after this you can go anywhere. Do they not like shoppers in Italy? Love You, all is well here, hot.

Tot: 0.195s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb