Cute waiter & a lotta gelato


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
June 30th 2005
Published: June 30th 2005
Edit Blog Post

We took the train into Monterossa (in the Cinque Terre) yesterday and spent the night. It was very spontaneous for us, as we didn't have reservations anywhere, but we got there pretty early and managed to get a room at the second place that we tried. It was really beautiful, our hotel was right on the water (we had an ocean view....outside our bathroom window). The weather was really nice, warm enough to go swimming, but not nearly as hot as Florence. We spent most of the day on the beach, the water was perfect, very salty though! After that, we went to dinner at a restaurant that had been recommended by our hotel owner. The food was sooo good, super fresh seafood. Plus, the waiter was VERY CUTE (sorry, no pictures). It was probably the best meal that we have had so far.
After dinner, we walked around the town, which was very cute. All the locals were out, and their shops were opened late, so we got some cool souveniers. After some late night gelato, we went back to our room to fall asleep to the sound of the ocean.
Today we took the train from Monterossa to Sienna. They're getting ready for Palio, which is this really old festival where the different parts of the town compete in a horse race. All the areas have their own flag, and people are all over carrying them. Apparently this has been happening since 1230, no one seems to know why, but it looked like fun. We didn't get to see any of the races, but we went into some of the shops and had lunch and gelato (of course). The women in the shops didn't really seem to like people much, we got told off a couple of times (for looking at merchandise). The town itself is really pretty though, lots of old architecture. We took the train back in the late afternoon and went out for dinner. Tomorrow we're taking a very early train into Venice for the day, which should be fun. That's all for now!


Advertisement



1st July 2005

What is gelato
Wondering what Gelato is?

Tot: 0.403s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 40; dbt: 0.1295s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb