Engleberg day 4, Griffith


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Engelberg
May 26th 2009
Published: May 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Monday, May 25. Today was a great learning experience. We started off by touring a 5 star hotel named Victoria/Jungfrau in Interlaken, Switzerland. Our tour guide was a pleasure because she had a great sense of humor. I have never been to a 5 star hotel in America so I cannot compare but I can tell you what I observed. Every employee we saw no matter if it was someone in the kitchen cleaning dishes to the ones working at the front desk each one greeted us with smiles. Also, during our lunch our glasses never got empty which is always a great thing sense being in such hot weather and Switzerland does not have A/C. Mrs. Runnels also pointed out how they served everything, giving our food on one side and taking it from another and if she had'nt of said anything I would not have noticed. When we did sit down for lunch the waiter suggested that we ate the pasta with garlic sauce because they can only get it in Interlaken and so it was there speacialty. It was a delcious! For desert, we had chocolate ice cream with this foam and under that was sugar cookie with a hint of lemon. Also, we got to see the back and front of the house of the hotel. In all the hotel had three restarunts that were available to the public and the one we ate in was the most casual yet still had very high standards. All I can can was the level of service was impecible. Then after leaving the hotel we headed of to the DCT Swiss Hotel Management School in Lucerne. When we arrived again we were greeted with smiles. We got a tour of the school, a qucik break to have water with cheese cake and then three different presentations. The first one was about Macroeconomy/Tourism, the second was about Hospitality and the third was about the Zero Star Hotel. The zero Star Hotel concept was quit entertaining and very different. Two brothers who are artist thought that reserving an old bunker that the Swiss army used to use with minal ammenities and low prices was a good idea. I say this because if you have low prices in a bad part of town then your going to get the rift-raft people who will not respect that what they are staying in is not only a hotel but a museum as well. So in my opinon it is'nt a swell idea. Also, at the school I found it quit humrous that the students were students. Meaning they were just like use going to school and especially the students giving the presentations. Although both groups did well you could still tell they were students and I thought that was great. The only difference was this school required a school uniform. I ended my day by eating a $20 small pizza and I have still yet to wrap my head around there price concept here. Overall the day went well.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb