Trees, trees, farm, village, lake, island!


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Västra Götaland County » Borås
September 2nd 2007
Published: September 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The house on a farm!The house on a farm!The house on a farm!

Very...rural. Beautiful place, relaxing!
Today's plan is to go out into the country, basically Jon's hometown..where they have a farm! ying ne.

We missed the train..(I couldnt use my Eurail pass!!! argh!!!!) so we had to take the bus..(well..wasn't expensive...haaa..) Got to Boras....and there, his sister met us and drove us to the country...into this...village......

So, along the road..its trees...grass...trees..more grass...cows....horses...more horses..
that's basically it...haaa! nice and peaceful though.
Got there and wow!...basically his whole family was there...haaa.....so weird visiting peoples' families.....haven't done it in years besides Susu's family....which is only her Dad...
Anyways, they were already preparing lunch!..and YUM.....loads of foood......potatos....meatballs......salad....an these...Swedish style fish....it was delicious!!!!=)

After lunch....the skies were a little gloomy...but still alright.
They had a canoe and we drove it down to this huge lake to go canoeing!
It was WINDY!!!!..and I paddle really bad...haaa..I think he was probably very tired when we paddled out....since I didn't think I contributed much......-__-"
We paddled to this Island out in the lake......desserted island..but had a nice campsite! very cooool. Then we paddled back lu.....I got to steer on the way back....haaa..it took me a while to learn how to though....now I know how bad I am with left and right!!!
Island out in the LakeIsland out in the LakeIsland out in the Lake

This is Jon's photo actually.....^^
=P the open lake is SO WAVY!!! ahh...was a little scared......
Anyways, arrived back onshore safely...and dry...haaa..
then we drove back to the house...
On the way, we went by this little mill place...the old man there had a very small collection of old things about the post office....he was already showing some tourist things so we just walked in a joined. He spoke Swedish though..haaa...so good I have a guide and translator! haaaa..
Then, got back to the house...unloaded the heavy canoe...had some ice cream ^^", then he took the car and drove back to Gothenburg lu! coz, there was this other party that night....

Went to this moving in party and the crowd was so different from the night before!......a crowd that reminded me of Mac.....arghh...I miss those days!!!! ><" It was nice and chill...but less people to talk to. Met Martin again (traveller met in Poland).....almost didn't recognize him....and met this other guy....whom the only topic I can pick out from him was work and 'church'.......-__-" (oh well..only talked for a short while....haaa). The crowd later went off to the clubs......halfway we decided not to go in (so expensive ah! hate to pay entrance for clubs!)
Canoeing!Canoeing!Canoeing!

nicked this one as well.....^^"

Went back to the apartment...had foood and a nice game of chess.....which...we didn't finish that night coz we got too tired....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.351s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 14; qc: 72; dbt: 0.0928s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb