Madrid 2


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid
September 19th 2010
Published: September 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

On our 3rd full day in Madrid we took a bus tour to the historic old capital of Spain Toledo 70kms to the south of Madrid. Its surrounded by a river on 3 sides and a wall on the other and sits at the top of a hill. Carol embarked on a 2 hour walk with the group up and down stairs, around cobbled stone narrow streets and steps visiting churches, houses and monasteries. Wal on the other hand visited the bar for a spanish ale and tapas. We met back for lunch and afterwards went to a special factory that made intricate jewellery and swords made from steel and fine golden threads. That night we arrived back at the hotel late tired and especially Carol with sore muscles.
On our last day in Madrid we went on another bus tour north to the historic towns of Avila and Segovia. First our tour went to Avila, an old town surrounded by walls. Wal accompanied us to visit the first church and then we parted ways while all of our group visited churches a town square and the monastry of St Therese in the old city. A round 1pm we went to the other historic city Segovia of the early centuries to have a great spanish lunch. We (carol and the group not Wal ) walked again around Segovia old city viewing the major aquaducts used to supply water to towns in the past many centuries ago. After walking around the major Cathedral and palace for another 1 and a half hours we departed the city at 5.30pm to arrive back in Madrid around 7pm. Farewell Spin and Madrid and off to PARIS tomorrow.
We arrived in Paris on Saturday the 18th September at midday after a not so good experience Wal had with Easy Jet and luggage. We booked into our modern and spacious hotel and walked around the area to get used to Paris Au Revoir for now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



23rd September 2010

Family Update
Looks like you are having a wonderful time nice blogging! We are going good- nothing new to report really!! Zoe had her needles and 12 month check up and she is still in the 90th percentile for height and weight! Big girl! She says a few different words now and everyday new sounds, her hair is growing into curls at the back- still waiting a while to put a clip In though! Chris is still job hunting but nothing yet that suits, the weather is warming up so that's good. Looking forward to hearing about the trip. See you soon xx
23rd September 2010

hello
Hi Carol, It looks like a very nice place to explore. Enjoy! Janice

Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0184s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb