Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Paris
September 26th 2010
Published: September 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

On the first full day in Paris Carol went on a bus tour to the Versaille Palace on Sunday morning between 9.00am and 1.00pm. Wal went along with Carol to the departure point in Paris central but after being given the wrong Metro station to get off we needed 45 minutes of brisk walking (nearly killing Wal) to reach the departure point. Carol went on the tour and Wal went back to the Hotel (stuffed) to rest and to do the laundry. By the way the Metro station we needed to use was just across the road from the departure point. The Versaille Palace was historical and beautiful but very crowded. On our next day in Paris Carol went shopping to the Paris Outlet stores and Wal stayed at the hotel still recovering from the day before (Wal hates shopping with Carol at Factory Outlet stores). On our third day in Paris we went on a full day bus tour to the Reims and Eipernay in the Champagne Region. Our tour took us 150kms east to Reims to the Mumms Champagne tour around the complex and into the cellars below the ground which had 25 kms of tunnels and housed 25 million bottles of Champagne in various stages of fermentation and finishing of course with a glass of Mumms Champagne. We had a tour of the Reims Cathedral and had a quick lunch and proceeded to Eipernay town. We had a guided tour of Moet and Chandon Champagne complex touring the underground cellars of the factory finishing with a well earned glass of Moet Champagne. What a day arriving back at our Hotel late (after getting the taste we bought a couple of half bottles of Champagne to finish the day).


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



28th September 2010

Great Photos
Hi Carol and Wal, You both look as if you are having a wonderful time. I love the photos. Liz

Tot: 0.293s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0955s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb