Gaudiland....!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
May 28th 2013
Published: May 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We spent two days in Barcelona, and it was exhausting. The crowds make it hard to walk in places, and it seems like there is a charge for everything... We haven't been anywhere on this trip with this many tourists! It is like Disneyland for adults, but without the rides, just the lines and expensive stuff!

We spent the first day on a walking tour of the major sights, ending up in the wonderful Parc Guell, which was designed by Gaudi as a gated community for the wealthy. It was a failed project, and the city bought it to use as a public park. We went on Sunday, and a good part of the crowd were young families out for a stroll in the sun.

The second day was spent at the Sagrada Familia, the still unfinished cathedral designed by Gaudi, and in Montjuic Park. We then packed up the car and drove north towards Figuera, our final destination before the Madrid airport on Wednesday night.

While many people name Barcelona as their favorite place in Spain, if not the world, I'd have to say that it is being loved to death...I may have felt differently at the beginning of the trip, but we've been in so many beautiful places that do not have the crowds we found here...


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

In the old Jewish quartierIn the old Jewish quartier
In the old Jewish quartier

We took a photo of 7 Brits, so they took ours....
Cathedral Cathedral
Cathedral

Really huge!
Parc GuellParc Guell
Parc Guell

Guard houses


Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb