Day 10 - Tossa de Mar to Valldoreix


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
September 24th 2009
Published: September 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We got up and it was a beautiful day, the sun was out and blue skies as far as the eye could see. We ate our complementary breakfast in the hotel then headed to the beach. After a couple hours of basking in the sun and watching Brian, Malena, & Lautauro swim in the cove, we had to head back to the hotel check out of the hotel. Now we could see some clouds in the distance making their way in. This made Diego feel better about having to leave this beautiful beach town to head back home! We packed all our bags into the cars and headed into town to shop, check out the castle and eat lunch before we drove back to Jenn’s house in Valldoreix. Jenn lives in Valldoreix, a suburb to Sant Cugat (kind of like Campbell is to San Jose).

Brian and I wanted to hit a pottery store that we saw on Friday afternoon to get some souvenirs, only to find that that was the only store in the area that was closed on Sunday. Boo to them…we were going to buy lots of their beautiful pottery pieces!!! Sorry everyone…no souvenirs now! We took the scenic route back through town to find the castle (not the route with all the tourist shops). I was nice to see all the residential areas, it was very charming. We finally got back to the castle and wandered around inside the castle walls. There is more housing along with restaurants inside the castle walls, as well as lookout points and old cannons!

After the castle we decided to grab a bite to eat before heading back to Valldoreix and found a nice pizzeria with a patio. The patio had and ocean view and backed right up to the castle on one side. Jenn and Diego had a sizzling platter of vegetables…kind of like fajitas. We also had the very good pan de tomate and various thin crusted pizzas for Brian, the kids and I. And once again, Diego picked a very good wine. Brian took a photo of the label so we can see if he can find it back home. The food was very good and we noticed that the restaurant was owned by the same owners as our dinner the night before. After lunch, we stopped for some gelato for our walk back to the hotel to get our cars. Brian loved the pistachio flavor, I got chocolate.

We followed Jenn and Diego back to their house. Diego was driving and Brian was following him. I tried to stay asleep so I didn’t have to worry about losing my life!

We got back to Jenn and Diego’s house and had time to unpack our stuff for the last time, as the next time we unpack, we will be home sweet home! We had take-out Chinese food from the “Asiatic” restaurant near Jenn’s house. It was pretty good, we had fried rice, chow mein, broccoli beef, chicken with mushrooms. Pretty good for Chinese food in Spain…and the second time we’d had it!



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb