Day 9 - Tossa de Mar with the Lo Prete's


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
September 20th 2009
Published: September 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Jenn and I in Tossa de MarJenn and I in Tossa de MarJenn and I in Tossa de Mar

You can see the castle in the background.
The Lo Prete's arrived at around 1pm and we walked down the beachfront and found a little "snack bar"/pizzeria. We all had lunch before heading back to our hotel to go to the beach! While heading to lunch we noticed a lot of bikers appearing to be getting ready for a race. We kept walking and figured it was a triathalon. We thought it was a little late in the day to be starting a race and figured the race must be tomorrow. We sat at our restaurant and watched them start the swim at 3pm in the afternoon! At home these kind of races start 1st thing in the morning!

We had lunch at the "Snack Bar / Pizzeria" and had our pizzas, pasta's, jamon, and pan de tomate, etc. and headed back for our much awaited beach time. This was Jake's first time at the beach. I had to go buy him a beach umbrella and lube him up in sunscreen, and of course his hat. We dug him out a little seat in the sand and he sat there fully content for at least an hour fascinated grasping the sand between his little fingers. I don't even think he tried to put it in his mouth.

After the beach we cleaned up and had dinner at a restaurant that Brian and I had scoped out the night before. They had rotisserie chickens roasting in the outdoor roaster. Brian was excited that Diego was with us to pick the good Spanish/Catalonian wines. Up until now, Brian had been drinking the house wine because he didn't want to get the whole bottle. We were eating Spanish style at 9:30pm finishing at midnight. Jenn's kids waited patiently for their gelato across the street while the adults had dessert and coffee and the complimentary coffee liqueurs.




Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Jake at the beachJake at the beach
Jake at the beach

Thanks for the cool board1 shorts Jerry and Jeanette
Jake burying himself in the sandJake burying himself in the sand
Jake burying himself in the sand

Check out the person in the upper left corner...close up in next photo...
Topless with HUGE knockers...Topless with HUGE knockers...
Topless with HUGE knockers...

Topless on the beach in Europe...beer in one hand and a cigarette in the other...not that's HOT!
After dinner liqueurs After dinner liqueurs
After dinner liqueurs

They served these complimentary liqueurs with coffee after dinner. I tasted the 1st one which was lemon flavored...YUCK! The second was honey, I am told that the 3rd tasted like jet fuel and the last one was coffee flavored.


Tot: 0.184s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0666s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb