Last day in Barcelona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
June 22nd 2009
Published: June 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Louvre museum, Paris Louvre museum, Paris Louvre museum, Paris

This was before we left Paris, on Saturday.
Today was a nice day. We left the hotel at 10am. Alejandra led us into downtown Barcelona, showed us our meeting place for dinner, and left us near the Gothic Cathedral. We travelled in smaller groups today. We saw the Spanish architect, Gaudi's, impressive downtown buildings, and went inside one of them, Battlo. We went to the Dali museum. We went to La Sagrada Familia, for a closer look. Amazing. We went to the beach. We saw Roman walls next to the gothic cathedral. We saw La Rambla and La Boqueria. Most of us did some shopping for souvenirs, and dinner was fantastic. We sat at another buffet-type restaurant that offered salads, lasagne, salmon, paella and dessert. This one was in the Olympic area, directly on the Mediterranean Sea. It was a beautiful location, sunny and breezy.

After dinner, some of us went to see a Flamenco show near La Rambla. It was only about a 35 minute show but left us breathless. We're just now back to the hotel and need to pack suitcases and leave early tomorrow morning.

Everyone is fine. Tomorrow, we're headed for Madrid, with a few hours in Zaragoza, the half-way point. Zaragoza has
La Pedrera, BarcelonaLa Pedrera, BarcelonaLa Pedrera, Barcelona

One of Gaudi's masterpieces.
an cathedral that is important in Spanish history, so it should be interesting to take a tour.

Buenas noches de Barcelona.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb