Our day in Barcelona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
June 22nd 2009
Published: March 12th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Today, we slept in until 8am, breakfast at 9am and we're going to leave the hotel at 10. This extra hour of sleep was much needed at this point in the trip. Yesterday, after our showers and nap, we went to the Picasso museum and had some lunch in cafes. We met again for dinner, which was really good. It was a buffet that had italian foods and lots of salad stuff.

This morning, we will be going to downtown Barcelona. Alejandra will be giving us a brief walking tour, to get us orientated. We will be able to go the beach, Las Ramblas, La Boqueria, the Gothic cathedral, the Gothic area, La Sagrada Familia for an inside tour, the Gaudi buildings and lots of time to spend in small groups, exploring Barcelona. Our dinner will be in the Olympic area. (Barcelona hosted the 1992 Olympics.)

It's going to be a nice, sunny day, about 75 degrees, with a breeze. :-) Tomorrow morning, we'll be up REALLY early, leaving the hotel at 7am for Madrid. We'll be stopping for lunch time in Zaragoza and continuing on to Madrid. Once we get to Madrid, we'll be dropping luggage at the hotel and walking over to the Prado. Our hotel in Madrid is very centrally located.

So, all is well. Everyone is content. A couple of us are starting to get a bit of a cold, but I've got something to relieve it. A direct quote from across the table right now is "We're having loads of fun."

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0535s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb