We're in Barcelona, Spain!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
June 21st 2009
Published: June 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

So, Saturday, we went to the Louvre museum. It is almost overwhelming to see how many pieces of art are displayed. The museum itself is a work of art, a former palace which has been excavated and expanded over about 850 years. We then went to the Latin Quarter for lunch and went into Notre Dame. Another structure that was started around the same time as the Palais du Louvre.

We're now safely in Barcelona, after an interesting overnight train ride. We slept 4 to a compartment. It was 2 sets of bunk beds. There was not much extra room, so quite challenging to get organised in the morning. They served us breakfast in our compartments and then we went on an exceptional coach tour of Barcelona. Our guide, Aida, was energetic and proud of her city. It's been a bit of a whirlwind since we left the hotel yesterday morning. This is a nice hotel and Barcelona looks great. We should enjoy our 2 nights here.

We're taking an hour's rest/shower. From here, we're taking the Metro into the Cathedral area of Barcelona. We'll have some lunch, visit the Picasso museum, the cathedral and the waterfront area. Dinner will be at 8pm and then we'll be sleeping REALLY well tonight.

Everyone is fine. I think that everyone is enjoying the tour. It gets a bit hectic, at times, but this afternoon's hour of chill time is working out really well. We're all a bit more refreshed. Enjoy your day, and we'll do the same.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



21st June 2009

Please tell Kaitlin hello and we love her....her family from Mississippi
21st June 2009

Love the updates
thanks for the updates and pictures, I love reading about your adventures! Love you Kaitlin. Aunt Beth
22nd June 2009

Hi Alex
Love the updates and photo's. Absorb it all and put it in your memory bank. See you soon.

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb