A relaxing day of smaller groups in Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
June 19th 2009
Published: June 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We had a really nice day today. In the morning, we went out in 3 different groups. One group went to the Centre Pompidou, which is the modern art museum. It is situated in a lively shopping area called Les Halles. After the museum, the group had time to buddy-up, had some lunch and do some shopping. After that, they divided further. Some stayed in Les Halles, others went to the Musee Picasso. This is the beauty of having 4 chaperones. Another group started the day by going to the Cimitiere Pere LaChaise. They saw the tombstone of former Doors singer, Jim Morrison. After that, they went to the Musee Cluny, which is the middle ages museum. They had lunch in the Latin Quarter. We met back up as a big group for dinner. After dinner, we walked past the Moulin Rouge on our way up Monmartre to Sacre Coeur. We walked through the cathedral and enjoyed Place des Tertres, the artists' colony that is so famous. Several people had portraits made.

We're now safely back in the hotel, packing our bags because we leave Paris tomorrow. :-( There will be no internet acces on our train to Barcelona, so there will be no blog update until Sunday. Bonne nuit!



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



19th June 2009

Kaitlin's birthday!
Please tell Kaitlin Happy Birthday! Hope she and everyone else is enjoying the trip!
19th June 2009

Happy Birthday!
Kaitlin's sitting right here, telling me what to say: Sydney, thanks for thinking of me. Love, Kaitlin.
21st June 2009

wish we were there
Kaitlin's grandparents wish they could be with her and hope she's having a wonderful time being 16.

Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0221s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb