Segrada familia and Park Guell


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
September 9th 2007
Published: September 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

OOOH Boy! yesterday was packed with two of the most impressive things we have seen ever(i think we have agreed on that).

first, the Bascillica de Segrada Familia. This Building, which has been under construction for about the last 100 years or so, is absolutely amazing. no pictures or postcards can do the structure justice. This is aplace you have to see to believe. no longer can you walk up the towers, there have been lifts installed, so the ride up is quick, and the view is spectacular, you can see most of the city from the towers, as there a parapets placed sporadically around them. the walk down was amazing also. The stairs are a perfect spiral with no railing in the center, only along the walls, and are fairly steep. This is not a place to be if you are in the least bit claustrophobic. I could go on about this place for a while but you really have to see it for yourself to get the true felling of it.

Park Guell is perhaps the greatest city park in the world. This was also designed by Antoni Gaudi, and is situated on the slope and peak of one of the smaller mountains around the city. Walking there felt alot like San Francisco, as there was a moderate grade for maybe 1.5-2 miles leading up to the foot of the park. Once you enter, it becomes a wonderland of naturally inspired architecture, wonderful landscaping, and dozens of paths leading, well, everywhere. the view from the top has so far been the best view of the city we have seen yet. literally the entire city is visible. as we walked through he park, almost at every turn, there was something completely different from the last area we had seen. As soon as i can figure out why the photo gallery section of this website isn't working i will show you what I mean.

until then, adieu

g+s

Advertisement



10th September 2007

WOW
Sounds like you are having a great time. Keep the post s coming. Love reading about your experiences. Mom and I are in Avon, NC on the Outter Banks. Topical Storm Gabrielle came through yesteday. Blus Skies today. All Well.

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb