WE ARE HERE!!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
September 7th 2007
Published: September 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Alright, I have finally been able to get both the internet connection in our apartment working, and a power converter so my laptop doesn't blow up. And here we are, ready to inform. We arrived yesterday around 4:30 local time at the airport, took a taxi to the Born distict, and got to our apartment by about 6ish. the travel time overall ended up being close to 20hrs. including the airport layover time. After a shower and a breif respite, we hit the streets for some dinner(it was good) and to walk around the neighborhood a bit, then passed out into deep-deep-deep very rewarding sleep.

Today was amazing!! We covered some major ground, starting around 12:00. We started from our apartment, went to Barceloneta beach(totally awesome is the medeterranian) then walked along the coast a bit going through some of the more populous/touristy areas of town(Maremagnum/La Rambla).

G.

This is too good. I thought I was done crying...but when the ocean came into view this morning I found myself choked up yet again. I suppose this is the year for happy tears. Barcelona's beauty and energy is overwhelming. Every corner turned is a delightful vision. The languages and faces from all over the globe are a refreshing reminder of how we are just part of the larger reality. Greg's Spanish is so impressive. He has been communicating for us in what I find to be a fluent and natural manner. Our day was filled with strolling both major and narrow, less crowded streets. Lunch was casual with wine, paella, and tapas. I must say, Greg's Paella is superior. Our apartment is fantastic. We are on the fourth floor which is not like four floors up where I come from. Hauling our luggage up was tedious to say the least. All of the walking and stair climbing will allow us to eat and drink with very little guilt! Ok, that's day one. How amazing this all is.

S.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0308s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb