Goodbye Spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
September 5th 2007
Published: September 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello people

Tonight is our last night in Barcelona and Spain. We are catching a train the Nice tomorrow. Just thought I would write about what we have been doing in the last few days. We went to an amazing Cathedral called "Sagrada Familia". The Architect who designed it was Gaudi who also designed lots of other buildings in Barcelona. The history behind the Church is really interesting. They started building it in 1880 and about half way through. We got to climb to the top of one of the towers which was very cool. If you get a chance look it up on wikipedia or something along that line.

Funny thing happened to us the other night. We were walking down to catch a train when we saw a group of alright looking girls. They were a little tall but other than that alright. Anyway when we were close we heard them laugh, and they all had a really deep manly laugh. I think that I may have seen an adams apple move as well. So once we heard this we put our heads down and bee-lined it to the train. Just as we passed them we heard in a real deep voice "Senoras". When we heard that we broke into a power walk and made sure our tickets were out and ready for the machine. I made sure that I was just in front of Chris all the way. Kind of scared me a little because they were so much bigger than me and Chris.

Today we went to a park that Gaudi designed which was very cool. We also walked down a street called "Las Ramblas". Kind of like Rundle mall but 10 times bigger. There were a bunch of stands selling all kind of different things. There was a pet shop that sold all kind of cool pets. It sold doves, Lizards and really wicked Turtles (ones that only walk on land and live for 200 years). Made me miss Aurthur a little (my turtle). The weather is still really nice, so got to explore Barcelona a bit more. It is a really nice place here.

I had better go because other people need to use the computer. Hope everyone is going well back home.

Adios Amigos

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb