Bob Dylan and his Band


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Basque Country » San Sebastián
July 11th 2006
Published: July 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The night finally arrived which had been much awaited. I stayed two extra days in San Seb just to see Bob Dylan. We headed down to the beach which was absolutely packed with tens of thousands of people. Who would have thought Bob Dylan would be so big in Spain, it just goes to show music really does transcend ethnic and language barriers, and apart from that, it was free!
An old man came up on stage and started singing in Basque, the regional language which is totally unrelated to any other in the world. People all stood and sang, I thought he was going to have a heartattack on the stage he was so old. Must have been their version of Slim Dusty.
Bob and his band eventually came on and opened with a song I hadnt heard before. I wasnt recognising anything and then you would hear a word or two and I realised he wasnt singing, just speaking and changing all the melodies.He played tamborine man, blowing in the wind, rolling stone adn all along the watchtower but you couldnt understand a word he said.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.209s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb