The rain in Spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Basque Country » San Sebastián
September 18th 2009
Published: September 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

We leave the blue sky behind as we head over the border into Spain and on to San Sebastian.

Lonely Planet rave about the place and it is a pretty mix of narrow old streets, bar tops stacked high with extravagantly prepared tapas and several beaches right outside the door. However the image is tarnished once the sun goes down by the number of english (well aussie actually) touts trying to coax you into bars ... just not prepared for that in this spot.

Plus the rain comes in spades which doesn´t make for happy travellers.

So being the troopers we are we pack bags and head west, surely the sun will be shining somewhere.

A brief stopover in Bilbao solely for the Guggenheim which is excellent and well worth a visit if you´re even remotely close (it even kept these two heathens entertained for over 4 hours). They´ve obviously done a lot of work on the city recently and the nice touches are everywhere, was particularly taken with the way the trams run through fields of grass. Stay in a cool little place (Pension Iturreanea Ostatua) ... all exposed beams and lifesize farm animals dotted throughout.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.214s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0279s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb