Beautiful Spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Málaga
November 3rd 2008
Published: November 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Set wake up call for 7am. Grabbed latte' and headed to deck for breakfast. Afterwards, back to room to gather things for our day in Malaga, Spain, birthplace of Picasso. Ken and I are visiting the small village of Mijas. We take a 45 minute ride through scenic pine-clad hills to this picturesque village. It is located in the foothills of the Sierra Mountains. The views are spectacular as you look towards the Mediterranean sea. A small narrow road winds us past little whitewashed houses with red tile roofs everywhere. It's a bit foggy because of the drizzle, but occasionally the sun peaks through. We arrive in Mijas and explore the village on foot, although we could have taken a donkey. There are about 10 of them for hire and they all are going: "hee haw, hee haw". It's so funny. We walk along the narrow cobblestone streets. Each house is clean with marble window sills and heavy metal doors. Plants hang from the front of houses. It's just like you see in the movies and magazines.
Ken bought a new leather belt at one of the many leather shops. I bought new sunglasses because I sat on mine, they were in my coat on the train to Rome. After exploring awhile, we went to the winery to taste. I had read up on the wines and anticipated not liking them. We went to the Andalusian Wine House, two wines to taste. I forget the names because I did not like either one. Both were sweet, dessert wines. They are made locally.
After walking to a church overlooking the sea, (the bells rang as we were leaving) we boarded our ride back to the ship.
Tonight is happy hour at our room, so we had to shower and get ready. Everyone came including someone we had met on our tour in Valldemossa. You know how Ken is, he invites everyone! It's a nice time to get together with everyone.
After dinner (roast pork, dressing, mashed potatoes, broccoli), we watched the dancers and then went to our room. We watched the movie "Deception" and then went to bed.
Jan-you would be glad to know, every night they have wonderful vegetarian selections.
The weather is sunny, but cool. I will update you tomorrow, election day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Mijas, Malaga, SpainMijas, Malaga, Spain
Mijas, Malaga, Spain

the wine house


Tot: 0.25s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1186s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb