Too much Sangria


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Córdoba
April 20th 2007
Published: April 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Old and New Old and New Old and New

The area around the Mezquita.
Cordoba, in the beautiful province of Andalucia, was once the capital of Islamic Spain. The main drawcard of the city is the beautiful Mezquita (Mosque), which took two centuries to build and was at one time the second largest mosque in the world. It is now a Roman Catholic cathedral. Unfortunately we arrived a little late in the day to go inside (don´t let the light fool you, it was about 8pm), so we wandered around the old jewish quarter of the city with all of the other tourists.

For dinner we headed arounded the corner from our hostal, La Fuente, to Taberna Plateras, where Jane had her new favourite dish Anchoas Fritas (Fried Anchovies) and some vino tinto highly recommended by the waiter. By 11pm, the place was pumping and we decided the give up our table to some hungry locals, and went in search of a bar. Cordoba is home to a university, so there are some cool little student bars, and we ended up at the aptly named Soul where Jane discovered some great Sangria for $1.50 a bucket. To cut a long story short, too much Sangria + anchovies = bad night ... anchoas fritas no longer Jane´s favourite dish.



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Beautiful children´s clothesBeautiful children´s clothes
Beautiful children´s clothes

Sandy (mum) could make some money here. The midget dresses sell for around $100 each.
Viva EspanaViva Espana
Viva Espana

The future of Spanish futbol?


Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb