Hola Espana


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid » Madrid
April 18th 2007
Published: April 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Okay, so this is what it is all about...sick of hanging around London waiting for Adam´s registration to come through, we decided to bugger off to Spain for a couple of weeks. We booked two flights to Madrid and Adam booked some accommodation in Madrid over the phone and we were ready to go. Adam´s Spanish was very impressive! Well, we soon arrived in Spain and realised that speaking Spanish in Spain was not going to be as easy as first thought. Spanish people speak sooooooooooooooo quickly that you just have to sit there and listen for "buzz words". We´re not in Mexico anymore, this is the real deal!

Madrid is a beautiful city and so clean. There will definitely be no dog poo incidents here like we have had in other European cities...I am not going to name names, PARIS! It seems as if there are people constantly cleaning the city, even at 2am in the morning right outside your hotel window.

After some vino y tapa and a good night sleep we headed out to explore, although Jane took some convincing to get out of her comfortable bed! Some sights...

Plaza Mayor - the main tourist square. Very grand with alot of restaurants that we would never eat at. Don´t fancy havinf Spaghetti in Spain.
Palacio Real - So impressed, it was the first time that we had actually coughed up money to go inside a palace and it was definitely worth it. Jane to Adam after seeing a particularly grand room "I think that I could live in a place like this Adam". Adam rolls eyes and thinks the shed (chalet) doesnt sound so bad.
Parque de Retiro - after walking through this hude park it was definitely time for a retiro or vino or cerveza?


We would loved to have stayed in Madrid for a little longer...the sun, the food, the wine...but we were keen to head south so had to say goodbye. This is where the beautiful Madrid story ends...when you arrive at the Renfe train staion. Adam was keen to head to Camp Granada but it was way too complicato for the Spanish to understand why we would possibly want to go there from Madrid... so we changed our minds and headed to Cordoba. After an hour in line, Adam scored the last two tickets south.
Attention to detailAttention to detailAttention to detail

Adam gazed up at breakfast one morning and was impressed by these tiles.
Meanwhile Jane sat outside marvelling at the tropical rainforest that some idiot had decided to put in the middle of the train station with a tin roof. Outside it was a dry, balmy 20 degrees. Inside it was a muggy 35 degrees, with about 85% humidity. Nonetheless, Jane wigged out ... need we say more?


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Inside Palacio RealInside Palacio Real
Inside Palacio Real

Nice decor for a king
Vespa  Vespa
Vespa

Adam´s vespa (he wishes)
Tapa tapa..Tapa tapa..
Tapa tapa..

Now this is what it is all about...Adam liked these tiles as well. Jane was more focused on the vino.


Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb