lake bled


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia
November 12th 2009
Published: November 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

we were making our way to slovenia. after enjoying some beers and crisps, talking shit, listening to music, things can get quite boring specially if you still have 5h left (from budapest to ljubljana it takes 9h). sooo what to do? well, if youre a couple alone in the compartment all the boredom is over if (_______) but be carefull, if you realize that the train is slowing down for no apparent reason, stop what youre doing immediately and put your clothes back on, coz get caught by the croatian immigration only wearing undies and trying to cover yourself with a jacket is not fun at all! well…after it is really funny, but at that time, nah! so after that, we decided to sleep and 3h later we got to slovenia at 2am. the train to bled was at 4am so we just stayed there on the freezing train station, sleeping like homeless people. then at 4am the train arrived so we could finally go to a warmer place. that train had heater even under the seats..soo nice! the train goes from ljubljana to bled and from there you need to get a bus to lake bled. there's a frequent bus service so even if you get there at 5am youll make your way to the lake. when we found our hostel it was too early to do the check in..we nedded to wait for like 2h till the receptionist showed up. so we went to this bakery that kept us entertained for a while. after the check in and a nap, we went exploring. we went to the castle but just to check the view.. it was quite expensive to get in, then we walked along the river and went for a swim. we werent very sure if we could swim , coz there was no people there, but we did it anyway. afterwards we tried to find a place to eat. the hostel didn’t have a kitchen! so we found this mexican restaurant (it's in the city guide) but you could find any kind of food there. quite expensive as well..10euros each. and never ask for the pumpkin salad coz in fact is a zucchini salad. we met our roomies for some beers in the end of the day. too much beer in fact! next day, they all left and after having a humongous hangover we went to bohinj. bohinj is another lake 45min from lake bled. much bigger and i think more beautiful. we spent a few hours there just walking around and chillin out, coz unfortunately it was too cold for a swim. its definitely worth going there! when we came back we changed bedrooms and went to this one downstairs and that’s when we found the kitchen of the hostel. so if you go to lake bled and stay at castle hostel 1004 make sure you get the 4 bed dorm downstairs. bathroom and kitchen inside!! next morning we had everything packed already so we decided to go soon to the train station as we didn’t have our tickets to prague yet. the ticket place was going to open only at 10am and our train was at 10:10; then they finally opened and we could buy our tickets, but when we asked the price the guy said: “85euros each” and we said: “but we checked on the internet and it was only 29 each” and he said: “ah those tickets you have to buy 3 days in advance!”. we couldn’t believe that! and we had only 5min to figure out what to do, coz 85euros each was TOO expensive. and the guy said: “well that’s your train over there…”. so we bought it. even if we’d stop somewhere else before and from there go to prague was only 10euros difference. and not happy at all we made our way to czech republic.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb