praaaha


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
November 15th 2009
Published: November 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

im gonna start this post by saying: dont exchange money in prague. we exchanged three times and we lost 25% of the money each time, and we didnt realize that. so if you need cash, it's better if you withdraw!

so we got to czech republic at night with no cash and no map. there was no place still open at the train station to exchange money. we asked this boy for information and he couldnt speak english very well neither his mates, but somehow we could communicate and understood that in the main street of the new town we'd find open places. that area is a bit dodgy but we managed to find the new town even wthout a map. after getting some cash we stopped in a fancy hotel and asked for a map (thats a good option if you still dont have a map, cant find in the train/bus station and dont wanna spend money on that). we got at our hostel and they didnt accept euros there, so all of our money was gone in 5min. We went back to the new town to grab some food. kebab was the best option as the money was little. followed by a walk in the old town. prague is a good city to walk around at night its always so busy! so after wondering around a bit we went back to the hostel. next day after the very good (not!) breakfast we went to the free tour. free tour of prague is definately worth it! our tour guide, sophie was so cute and for a little girl she could be really loud! we went to all the main places in prague and the place of the lunch break had such good food..i had the most amazing blueberry cheesecake there! after that we went across the bridge to check the castle. before going back to the hostel we stopped at the astronomical clock to see what it could do...one word for that: boring! youre not missing anything! but its funny how people stay there for more than 10min just waiting till the thing starts to move with cameras and everything. at night we did the pubcrawl they suggested on the free tour. awesome! we learn this drinking game called flip the cup (which is basically this competition between two teams and you have to drink a shot of beer then put your cup in the table and flip it till you make it upside down, then the next person should do the same till the last one and the first team to finish is the winner) with some indian guys we met and on the third bar we decided to go back coz we were hammered. when we left the third bar we had no idea where we were, so we just sat on the side walk, trying to understand the map and then this guy came out of a restaurant asking if we needed help..so we point our hostel in the map for him and he says "ah its over there" ponting across the street. so we were very greatfull that he helped us and embarassed at the same time. we went to the hostel and slept like babies. next day hangover was our best friend. we went back to the jewish quarter to take some pictures, then back to the first pub to get the pubcrawl shirt for 1euro (you buy something at the pub and get your shirt) and basically that was it. after that we went back to the hostel just chillin out with other people and trying to find a couch to stay in krakow, our next destination.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb