krakow and auschwitz


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Lesser Poland » Kraków
November 17th 2009
Published: November 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

we arrived at the end of the day in krakow. we found a last minute couch to surf there. our host met us at the train station and we walked till his house. after a shower we went downstairs for some beer before heading to the famous nightlife of krakow. but we stayed in for too long so we didnt bother going out anymore..the guys was very cool and the conversation was nice. so we just call a pizza place and bought more beers. next morning we went to auschwits. its pretty easy to get there and cheap as well. i think we spent 5euros each, but the return was cheaper. the buses to auschwitz runs about 10 times a day and takes 1:15h to get there. when you get there you buy a ticket for a guided tour, or not, but the guided tour is worth it. the guide tells you many stories and statistics. the visit takes about 2 or 3h and after that you can take a bus till birkenau which is another camp 25 times bigger than auschwitz. but that once theres less to see, coz the first one was turned into a museum, so you get in to many of the buildings, birkenau its a open space camp. at the end of the day we came back to krakow and went out for a partay! we went to this cool bar, that unfortunatelly i dont remember the name, with pints of beer for 0,85euros!! really cool decoration..motos on the seeling and other stuff...looks like we're inside a cave. after drinking we went to the dance floor to show all our moves. after that a stop in a kebab, of course and bed! next day while we were going to the train station to go to warsaw, we tried to see the city by day...was a 15min walk. the city looks nice, if you have more time than us maybe can give a better opinion, but krakow is definitely a stop to make! and after that we ran to the train station...next stop warsaw!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.03s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb