i do not want to leave...


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Upper Carniola » Ljubljana
July 1st 2007
Published: July 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

i had another super day yesterday, and my routine summary of events will start now...

woke up, had a hilarious shower (you cant beat holding the shower head) and went off to the train for my day in what i thought was the hilariously named kranj. Kraaaaaanj. train was decent, just more validation of how much this place makes me smile really. got off the train, and sonja was already there. said our hellos and went off to her car. any nerves i may have had were quickly vanquished when i saw that sonja drives a suzuki wagonR, a car which looks suspiciously like our classic moses eats cheese agilas. so i was chuffed at this. sonja drove us to a place called swans lake. because there are alot of swans on it. duh. had a drink and a chat and a lovely bit of lake staring, very nice place. gave me something to investigate as well, going to look into how swans migrate. we had the pleasure of seeing a few swans in flight, but not for long, it looked like hard work for the poor buggers.

off to her house then, which in all honesty, was a palace. 3 balconys?! 3?! blimey! got offered lots of food, but because im rubbish at all that i went for ice cream instead. pathetic john, bloody pathetic. got to meet sonjas boyfriend, jernej, or jerry for people like me who cant pronounce anything. lovely chap. wrote them out a big list of bands that they should look into, it was quite the definitive list. started with yourcodenameis:milo, finished with elvis presley. how life should be. jerry went off to play squash, and myself and sonja went off to see some lovely things. along the way we picked up sonjas friend jernea (i have no idea how to spell that, but she was a super lovely girl so im sorry if its wrong). went to a bloody love riverside bit, in a place that i couldnt pronounce. i was very happy, just sitting next to the river, but then i looked behind me and saw what i thought was a dead bird. very confused! turns out it was just some ash from an old fire. an easy mistake i think. we left the river, to go to a hill that had a view that was bloody spectacular. the view deserves capitals actually. BLOODY SPECTACULAR. after a little foresty walk, we came to a break in the trees with some handily placed benches, and it was pretty special in all honesty. brilliant.

afterwards, i bought some new headphones, and we went back to sonjas for a drink and whatnot. got the train, came home. i had an absolutely brilliant day, probably my favourite day of the whole thing so far, and it was just another justification for me feeling like im supposed to be here. i dont want to leave, i really do not. have decided that i am definitely going to come here for my birthday, and am going to make plans to possibly visit in september before going back to university as well. it just makes sense, its immense. i went for a little walk into the centre of ljubljana this morning, it was really quiet and peaceful, and i would say that these 3 days have been the happiest i have been for about 18months. definitely.

today though, we leave for italy, a place that i am not overly excited about, and after the wonder of slovenia will surely leave me a bit apathetic. but who knows!

anyway, goodbye slovenia, i will see you again soon.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb