The End.


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
July 2nd 2007
Published: July 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

well, im in italy. and its crap.

ok, it isnt crap, but im grumpy, and im out of money, and i miss slovenia, so its crap. change of plan now, due to having no money, im going to be coming home on thursday instead of next wednesday. so thats right kids, the 5th of july, i am home. home from what will have been 25 of the best experiences i have ever had. so this is going to be something of a review, because we all know what im like with reviews. i also have the added bonus of hindsight for places, so here we go. starting at the beginning.

birmingham airport - overpriced guff. nah, its an airport, its all to be expected.

amsterdam - everything you have ever been told about amsterdam is entirely true. its the decadance capital of the world, and you cannot prepare for it until you are there. we were there for 3 days, which was probably enough. unless you are into certain things, anymore is just too much, and in all honesty, it did get boring quite quickly. its also pretty pricey. drinks, that is.

brugges - gorgeous. the first shock of the trip, half expected this to be a boring quaint place where we could relax after amsterdam, but instead it turned into the first 'i actually love this place' of the trip. so much character, its everything i had hoped the continent would be. it was relaxed, pretty, full of good people and surrounded by great places. its much better than brussels anyway, which aside from the big zebra in the train station was poor. we only saw the train station.

berlin - absolutely huge. huge. HUGE. i enjoyed it though, and would go back again to see more. all of the berlin wall related things are fascinating, and the city itself has a divided charm to it. its plain to see to everyone just what has happened before, and you do get the impression that it is an eastern city desperately trying to convince the world its a western behemoth. it succeeds.

krakow - wow. the entertainment highlight, definitely. there was never a dull moment in poland, that place is absolutely crackers. or krakows. if you are rubbish pun inclined. which i am. auschwitz was the obvious stick out point, and is something all should do. krakow itself was great, with what seemed like a bizarrely high ratio of supermodels wandering the streets. the food was good too. well, the chicken was good. really good. i also saw the best moon i have ever seen, on the train in, it looked like a scene from a cartoon.

prague - i've been here before, so this was nothing new in all honesty. its a gorgeous place, it really is, but the amount of tourists about is entirely demoralising. yes, hypocritical, but im a hypocrite, so it's ok. if you can escape the tourists, its gorgeous. i was also disappointed with the lack of banana ice cream and trdlos.

munich - aww, munich. i enjoyed it, we were right in the centre, i had a life defining moment when trying to buy some grapes, i got very drunk and woke up with a litre beer glass, and we went to dachau, where i made a joke so terrifyingly bad that even lenny henry wouldnt speak of it. if you want to know what it was, ask me. its bad.

slovenia - get the bucket. first of all, i went there expecting it to be the highlight, it was the place i was most looking forward to and the place i was willing to come. and in every single way, it exceeded my expectations. as i have previously said, the 3 days i spent there were my happiest 3 days of my life, and that is probably true. it was exactly what i wanted from this trip. 3 days where i was able to forget about everything that frustrates me, and do nothing but soak myself in my surroundings and start new things. i met some incredible people, sonja, jernej, jernea (sorry about the spelling), who provided me with the best day of the trip. i'm going to go back, in september, and then back again for my birthday, and i cannot wait. just the single most gorgeous, enchanting place imaginable. im not saying im gorgeous, but the country and its feel was very me. imagine me as a country. you have slovenia.

italy - guff.

ok, its harsh on italy, but iv been grumpy since being here, and in all honesty, the surroundings annoy me. the train was guff. im using guff alot, and its italys fault.

ok, thats that. this is the last mr bills travelblog, until september i guess. i hope the few of you who have read these have enjoyed them, although im not sure how you would have. i've had a great time, and i've found what i wanted. im tired, im grumpy, and i want to go home.

make your own mind up whether that is wales or slovenia.

Advertisement



2nd July 2007

It was an accident
I don't think I meant to stick with reading these, it just happened. I must have enjoyed reading them then. Anyway, see you at the Barfly?

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb