get the bucket...


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Upper Carniola » Ljubljana
June 29th 2007
Published: June 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

well well well well. i shall start by stating the obvious.

slovenia is absolutely incredible. i am totally, utterly in love with this place, and i do not want to leave. before coming i had it in my head that this would be the highlight of the month, and by gum was i right. the train journey here was pretty uneventful, with some burnt rubber delaying us for 20minutes, gaz breaking a window and a big corridor being the general highlights. the train journey itself was another breathtaking one, just aesthetically perfect in every way. and then we enter slovenia, and everything kinda goes up a notch, and becomes what i would describe as the perfect place. everywhere you look you see snow capped mountains, the sky is just perfect. ace. we got to ljubljana, and using my slovenian senses i directed us to the hostel. go bills! had a nice meal last night, i had carsian noodles (i have no idea what carsian means), and they were dang good.

went to lake bled today, and it lived up to every single one of my expectations. we got a taxi from the station to the lake, and just as you are going over a little hill the lake comes into view, and wow. its just one of the most incredible things i have ever seen. the water is so blue! just like in postcards! maybe its just coming from britain where water is a brown colour, but i was a little obsessed with the blueness of the water. its picture perfect! we got a gondola ride out to the church on the island, and every single part of the thing is beautiful. that really is the only word that can be used to describe it, because it is simply the most beautiful place that exists. picturesque doesnt do it justice whatsoever. wow.

so yes, in summary, slovenia is everything i have ever wanted from a place. i feel more at home here, in terms of my surroundings, than i ever have anywhere else, and if i didnt have family, friends and education to think about, i could easily see myself staying here. forever. before coming we always talked about maybe finding a place that just made sense in every way, and i have found mine. slovenia is just perfect. i am entirely in love with this place, if that wasnt already obvious.

tomorrow is the final day in gods country though, so it will be a bit sad. the chaps are going to stay in ljubljana and mooch around, but im going to get on my bike (train) to kranj, and meet up with sonja. very much looking forward to that, havent seen her for a while, will be nice to have a proper quality chat, and she can act as some sort of tour guide! fun times ahead!

i want to stay here. everything about this place is great. the alps, lake bled, ljubljana, the people, the national colour (green!), banana ice cream, the rivers, the sky, the air, gah. new life plan, graduate, get myself the qualifications, then move over here and teach. done.

so, finally, go to slovenia, because it is wonderful.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb