Another relaxing g day


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Madeira » Funchal
April 26th 2023
Published: April 26th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Decided today would be a chill day around the pool area, although Benita did take a lovely long walk along the pretty promenade and through part of the town she saw yesterday. (1.5 hrs walking a bit too much for me & definitely Mr.M).

Saving our energy for tomorrow’s trip out of Funchal.

I was looking forward to a flower arranging event at the hotel, I think I got myself too excited because it wasn’t hands on but watching the hotel florist arrange a huge display in the dining room which consisted of hard ruscus, eucalyptus,Star of Bethlehem and lots and lots of spray chrysanthemum.

What looked more interesting was a display being created in the hotel lobby as part of the celebration for the flower festival.

Only three people watching in the dining room but the lady next to me was chatting saying how she loves flowers so I did my bit for Nafas and found her a flower club in Bolton which she is going to check out when she gets home, she also wasn’t aware about the grandstand seats that were the best option for watching the parade on Sunday so I directed her
to reception and she was thrilled to get the last two available seats.

We watched a large cruise ship arrive this morning around 7am and at 5pm the ship’s horn blasted out that it was leaving, what a shame they will miss the Flower Parade on Sunday.

Another enjoyable meal, Benita getting quite used to the scabbard fish and David managed to find mussels on the menu. For dessert I tried a local Madeira fruit called Custard Apple/ Anona, with vanilla ice cream is was quite delicious.

Back to the hotel for our hot drink but for a change we sat in the bar lounge where musicians were playing, one a violin, the other an electric guitar.

The waiter presented us both with a gerbera flower, a lovely start to celebrate the many flowers that will soon be around the hotel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement






Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0355s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb