25th April - A leisurely day in sunny Funchal


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Madeira » Funchal
April 25th 2023
Published: April 25th 2023
Edit Blog Post

After a good nights sleep we were up in good time to enjoy the wonderful choice for breakfast.

Following breakfast we met with Pedro our Jet2 helper during our stay here, usually I would not attend the welcome meeting as we have been to Madeira several times but it was good for Benita to learn from a local all about the island without it being a hard sell.



A leisurely morning in the beautiful sunshine was the recipe for the day, went up onto the sun roof area but with little shade and no breeze it was a bit too hot. A snack from the local bakery for lunch and then whilst David was napping Benita & I went for a short walk along the promenade passed all the little food & drink vehicles, the statues and gardens. A trio playing South American music sounded great too.

We diverted up through into the main town area with its beautiful jacaranda, passed the cathedral.

Knowing how Benita loves her cuppa I took her to a little tea shop I had found on a previous visit.



We didn’t spend more time in the town as we’ll venture further another day. It was about 25 degrees and away from the promenade very little breeze so we walked back and enjoyed an ice cream under a beautiful Jacaranda tree.



We enjoyed our Happy Hour drinks at the hotel before returning to the same restaurant where we had the ice cream earlier. The tables were all taken under the Jacaranda so we happily sat under a canopy and enjoyed a lovely meal whilst being serenaded by a talented saxophone player.



We enjoyed a hot drink together on our balcony this time enjoying the night sky.

Tomorrow the hotel are putting on a Flower Arranging event so you can guess who has put their name down for that!


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0241s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb