DAY 5, Wednesday, November 7, 2012: Lisbon, Portugal


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Lisbon & Tagus Valley » Lisbon
November 7th 2012
Published: November 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Met the group around 10 am, got off the ship and caught the hop-on/hop-off bus. Rode 2 lines. The hill town electric tram took us through the old neighborhood with very small streets and old houses. The streets are so small that you have to be careful about opening your front door so a car doesn’t hit it. The blue line bus took us around the new city area which took us past the Monument of the Discoveries and the Jesus sculptures and the Belam Tower. Others sites were the President and Prime Minister’s homes and several large churches. Lots of large malls and what looked to be expensive shopping areas. It was raining so we headed back to the ship around 2:30 or so. A few came back earlier.

Later in the day, I played RummiKub with Pat, Judy and Diana. Dinner and then a show – Mark O’Malley, another Scotsman. Amazing voice – he has been in several plays in the West End in London – Les Mis, Phantom and others. Again, when he sang there was no accent – just like The MacDonald Brother’s. Sang lots of American pop and does a fantastic Neil Diamond. Will definitely go hear him again as he’s working on a new show for later in the trip.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.261s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.082s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb