Bergen!


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Western Norway » Bergen
June 8th 2006
Published: June 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hooray!  Snow!Hooray!  Snow!Hooray! Snow!

We hopped off the train in Finse to take some pictures of the snow. If you look closely, you can see Fluffy way in the distance rolling a giant snow ball!
Yes, yes. Due to some technical difficulties, I am a few days behind on my travel blog. But I have so many great pictures I'm going to stay up late tonight (Sunday) and catch up a little starting with last Thursday. After some fun hours in Oslo, we jumped on the late afternoon train to Bergen. This rail line is called "den vakreste togreisen i hele verden" or, rather, the most beautiful train trip in the whole world. Early in the journey, Fluffy introduced Bubbles to a new little hobby that Fluffy's sister had introduced Fluffy to a few weeks ago, namely, Sudoku. So you'll have to ask Bubbles directly just how much of the beautiful trip she remembers or actually SAW! It didn't help too much that we were riding backwards in the train either! Once we arrived in Bergen, we noticed that the King of Norway was there, too, and we became quite concerned that he might be following us around the country. But we tried not to let that bother us too much. Enjoy the pictures! We are enjoying the comments from everyone. THANKS!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

FløybanenFløybanen
Fløybanen

Fluffy's sisters will remember this. Here we are waiting for the rather vertical tram to take us back down into Bergen. Fluffy is very proud to report she sat right in the very front on the way down!
Bryggen i BergenBryggen i Bergen
Bryggen i Bergen

We sat outside here and enjoyed an utepils (figure it out for yourself!) in front of the famous Brygge in Bergen.
A Busy BayA Busy Bay
A Busy Bay

Taken from the Fishing Market in Bergen. The Brygge is in the distance on the far right.
Another Room With a ViewAnother Room With a View
Another Room With a View

The view from our little apartment in Bergen. Taken a little after midnight.
Up and Down Around The CityUp and Down Around The City
Up and Down Around The City

Bergen is pretty hilly for a flatlander like Fluffy. This is the view down a quaint if not perpendicular little lane near our apartment.


Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.019s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb