Bergen and home to Oslo


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Western Norway » Bergen
July 25th 2010
Published: July 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We headed back from Bergen on July 25th. Pooped from the night before but we got to sleep in a little to make up for it. We had until about 3 to be tourists. Our most important thing for Bergen was to take a trip up the side of the mountain in the Floybanen. It's a tram similar to the Niagara Falls one. So for anyone who knows that I'm afraid of heights, I've now gone to the 2nd level of the Eiffel Tower and up the Floybanen. There are picture to prove it!

Bergen is a beautiful place on the west coast of Norway and sits on a fjord. Let's face it, many places in Norway sit on a fjord. But this one has the hustle and bustle of a city with a small-town feel. Arne got into an argument with a French couple who clearly thought they had the right of way in front of us while we lined up for the Floybanen. I guess he'd had enough at this point and argued with them until they went behind us in the line. Once they got into the gathering place to wait, they squished in front of someone else. But we got off first! It's all fun and games until someone loses their patience!

The Floybanen took us to the highest peak in Bergen. The view was spectacular. I know there's a lot of 10 cent words out there but really. It was beautiful. No dad, I didn't go to the edge but I was pretty close-especially for me. Arne, Nicole and Jon all looked out from the edge and down (gulp-crazy people).

Our train trip back to Oslo was interesting. Arne got off at many stops to take pictures while they took on passengers. At one stop the train was rolling away and he wasn't there. Then the conductor made an announcement that when he blows the whistle, he expects people to move it quickly back onto the train. Well, it was a long 5 minutes where I played a few scenarios of me trying to figure out how to get Arne back to Oslo. For instance, I have all the money and his wallet and passport. He finally comes in. There were so many trying to get into one door that he couldn't get in so he went to a door at the back of the train. Thank goodness! Typical though.

We get our car tomorrow-now it's time to get lost.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Top of BergenTop of Bergen
Top of Bergen

not too close to the edge


31st July 2010

Wow!!! Thats AMAZING! the view is amazing. How did you get the picture of the Floybanen train the first one??? Im gald you guys r having a good time. Persia

Tot: 0.274s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0714s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb