Ferry ride and Leirvik


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Western Norway » Bergen
August 5th 2019
Published: August 5th 2019
Edit Blog Post

A beautiful day today and a little cooler in the morning although it got warmer and warmer throughout the day. Headed out earlier than usual and drove to Halhjem where we drove the car onto the ferry which is the continuation of the E39 highway (the major north-south highway on the west coast). The ferry ride took us a route we had not seen before which was of course beautiful. It was about 45 minutes long and we docked at Sandvikvag. From here we drove along the coastal highway south to a town called Leirvik and parked and walked around. We found a fish shop which was selling a large variety of fresh fish and as well had a little lunch business going of fish soup, fish cakes, and fish burgers and it filled right up at lunch time so we knew it must be good. And it was! We tried all three and even got a fish casserole to go for dinner tonight. Then we walked around town some more and through a small shopping plaza. A quaint little town. Back to the car and did it all in reverse (drove, ferry ride, short drive home). We got home to sunny skies and decided to go for a bike ride along the new path Nigel found for us which I quite like. Then down to the turf for a while. Can't wait to try the fish casserole!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0951s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb