Drive to Western coast near Bronnoysund NORWAY


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Northern Norway
July 4th 2010
Published: July 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Lovely sunny dayLovely sunny dayLovely sunny day

as we lunched by a fjord
Another excellent drive today to get from the other side of Trondheim to right on the west coast and even further north, near Bronnoysund. Wonderful weather from the minute we got up so we set off at 8:15 and got going as a long way to go. First of all we went through Hell or at least a town of that name but the drive was anything but, it was lovely.
The scenery changed dramatically as we went along. One minute we had massive rock faces of granite on either side of the road, the next deep green fjords then suddenly we were in pastureland where all the farmers were out mowing the hay while the lovely sunshine lasted. Saw some more lovely waterfalls and field after field of bright wild flowers all the way along the route. We stopped a few times along the route for drinks, lunch and view points but mainly this was planned as a driving day albeit through wonderful scenery.
We had one ferry :
Holm to Vennesund - cost 216 kroner
This was a lovely trip because it was so sunny and also we were very close to the sea at this point, rather than
Lovely fjord with a waterfallLovely fjord with a waterfallLovely fjord with a waterfall

and the sun shone all day
just crossing an ‘internal’ fjord.
Headed for our campsite Scogmo camping which was rubbish. Tiny and seemed to be just 2 touring pitches tightly squashed in among the huts (hyttes) and these were taken by caravans. We didn’t stop.
Went further along and stopped at Mosheim camping just before Bronnoysund where the owner spoke no English (at all) and was worried about our motorhome on the newly tarmaced road down to the pitches (a 20 ton truck came down later and parked really close to us !!). Really odd campsite full of weird ornaments but only one shower each and we were on the hardstanding as that is where the owner had pointed. We think there is a Boblilpark in Bronnoysund - wish we had used it or the other campsite down that way. Though the campsite looks nicely located we went for a walk from the campsite and ended up in a housing estate in a quarry. Not impressed. Would have preferred a walk round Bronnoysund !



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Waiting for our ferryWaiting for our ferry
Waiting for our ferry

out to Bronnoysund
Just near BronnoysundJust near Bronnoysund
Just near Bronnoysund

Such pretty fjords with the mountain backdrops


Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.026s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb