Family moments in an pricey setting...


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Northern Norway
June 3rd 2008
Published: June 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well, Oslo is definitely a beautiful city. It is really relaxing, rather small, and extremely picturesque. The air seems a little bit cleaner up that end of Europe, and you feel healthier just walking around with all the extremely fit norwegians!

Everyone seems to be glammed up at all moments, their outfits relaxed, but accessorised perfectly, with sunglasses, the big bag, earings, and necklace. It's really a beautiful peoples city to be honest. :P

My sister who lives in Oslo, had her wedding this past weekend. It was a beautiful wedding. Complete with the fairytale royal wedding dress, and amazing red carpet church isle. It was beautiful, and my sister was beautiful too. I had the best job, of being the maid of honour, and I was extatic! Walking down the isle before her, I felt so amazingly happy and nervous all at once, and couldn't stop smiling th eentire time! When my sister started walking down the isle herself, and couldn't help tearing up and had to try incredibly hard not to burst out into a full out bawl over how wonderful it all was, as cheesy as that may sound.

The ceremony was incredibly. Complete with an operatic version of ave maria perfectly sung, the wedding march played on a traditional church organ, and of course, all the friends and family coming from all corners of the globe.

After the ceremony, the reception took place in a hotel on the top of a mountain, overlooking Oslo and the Fjords. It was beautiful and the perfect place for a reception to take place. It was intimate, but still held the feeling of a grand affair. The room was set up with rose petals scattered along the E shaped table, and small candles casting flickering in the room. The windows of the room looked out into the valley, and we all got to witness the sunset while eating some fantastic foods, and constantly stamping our feet or tapping our knives against plates, taking part in norwegian traditions that are common at weddings. The stamping of the feet was to get the parents of the bride and groom to stand on their chairs and kiss each other, and the other was the get the bride and groom themselves to kiss. It was alot of fun!

After some amazing speeches from family and friends, alot of tears, and even more laughter, the dinner came to an end, and the floor was cleared for the dancing portion of the night.

It was an amazing wedding, and a really fun time all together. I think everyone at the wedding really had alot of fun, and didn't want it to end. We danced until late at night, and the next day, it was all we could talk about.
I'm so happy for my sister and her new husband! Congratulations to both of them! I wish we could do it all over again! :D

Mylis

Advertisement



Tot: 0.354s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1763s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb