Off to Bodø!


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Northern Norway » Bodø
June 6th 2023
Published: June 8th 2023
Edit Blog Post

LefseLefseLefse

Outside the Thon Hotel enjoying some coffee and Vestland’s Lefse.
We awoke quite early this morning. Our flight from Oslo to Bodø on Norwegian Airlines was scheduled for 8:30 this morning. I woke up on my own at 20 mins to 5…..super early. Showered and ready, Shelley then got herself ready, followed by Kristine. We were downstairs and outside at the curb waiting for the shuttle bus to the airport at 5:55 am for the 6:10 shuttle.

The shuttle arrived and we got on board. It didn’t take long to get to the airport. Our check in process was self-serve and pretty much seamless. We even had quick security screening access with our tickets. Wonderful stuff.

Once we passed through security, we made our way towards our gate but stopped to grab a couple of items for breakfast. I had enjoyed a little package of Vestland’s Lefse before getting on the shuttle only to find that they have vafler at the airport! A stack of them! I just had to try them, and damn were they ever good! A little strawberry jam to go with it and some coffee with an oatmeal package and I was all set.

We then boarded the flight and I think we all
WafflesWafflesWaffles

A stack of waffles right there in the airport!
got to sleep as soon as we could, nodding our heads most of the way to Bodø.

We arrived in Bodø and were met at the airport by family!! Per Ivar, Peggy, Nina, Jan Gunnar, Tone, and Eirik were there to greet us as we arrived.

We were treated to a fantastic lunch at the Air Museum. Smoked salmon for me please! It was delicious. We enjoyed getting to know our members of the family and sharing stories. We’re going to be heading down to Misvær on Sunday to see them all again and get a little tour of the town.

Shelley and I got into our rental car and drove to Bodø and checked in to the Comfort Hotel downtown. After unpacking, we went and had some supper at “Burgasm”; vegetarian offering for Shelley was good.

Kjetil came to the hotel to meet up with us for a drink (Coke) and then we went for a little drive around Bodø. He showed me the places he grew up and where some other points of interest were.

We drove by the soccer stadium where I said “Geir Arne Håløyger lives here I think!” but we didn’t see Geir Arne or his little pal out walking.

We came back to the hotel and it was bedtime for me. Fauske on the radar for the next day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

This waffle is going down!This waffle is going down!
This waffle is going down!

Waffles come in this little back with a small packet of jam.
Electric busElectric bus
Electric bus

This is a bus on a layover getting re-charged.
Rental carRental car
Rental car

This is our Scoda - nice rental!
Typical bed in NorwayTypical bed in Norway
Typical bed in Norway

It’s neat having the separate ‘duntappas’ to sleep with; you don’t disturb your partner when you roll over.
Eric & ShelleyEric & Shelley
Eric & Shelley

Taken down by the water in Bodø
Burgasm burgerBurgasm burger
Burgasm burger

Great little restaurant called ‘Burgasm’. We were eating at street level which was fun. The inside of our table looked out right at the sidewalk.


Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 17; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb