Flåm and back to Oslo for the night


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Western Norway » Flåm
June 5th 2023
Published: June 6th 2023
Edit Blog Post

I woke up early (5 am) and headed into the front room to do some blog writing. Shelley woke up around 6 am and it was then that I went in for a shower. I came out, and Shelley pointed to the HUMUNGOUS cruise ship that was pulling up alongside the jetty in Flåm. I don’t think the photos do it justice. This thing was massive.

Shelley rushed into the shower so that we could be ready to be downstairs at the bakery at 8:00 when they opened os we could get our coffees and pastries before heading out in Flåm to snoop around the shops and then hit the road for Oslo.

We were the first in line at the bakery getting there around 7:30 after watching more of the action surrounding the securing of the cruise shop alongside the dock. We got our coffees and some fresh baked pastries to bring up for breakfast. Kristine, Shelley, and I enjoyed munching on our fresh baked goods and our coffees.

After this, we walked around through the various stores and shops. Shelley found a terrific wrap type poncho thingy made of alpaca wool. Aside from that, we purchased just a couple of small stickers and patches to bring home with us.

We set out from Flåm to Oslo driving up, through, over, under the mountains on the way again. We met up with Henning at the Avis Rental Agency and we turned in our rental car and piled all our luggage into his van to then head to he and Hilde’s place for a visit.

They made us all burgers (served with ‘ostepop’ in the burger (delicious), and other fixin’s. After a great visit with everyone, we then said our goodbyes and we were driven to the train station in Snarøya by Siw-Linda and Hilde. That was a tough goodbye.

The train to Oslo came quickly and even though we had to make a last second mad scramble to track #1 from track #4, we made it onboard and headed to the airport hotel.

We checked in to the hotel and re-did our packing for the flight the next morning. We got to bed late and woke up early!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Map shotMap shot
Map shot

Just a snip shot of where we were on the way back to Oslo from Flåm.
HemsedalHemsedal
Hemsedal

The waterfall was beautiful to watch as we drove by.


Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0606s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb